Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Drugs for Positive Change

I did some research about the use of Shrooms and LSD as therapy for addiction and anxiety and am excited and comforted to hear about stories of other individuals who have had perspective-changing experiences with the use of drugs similar to mine. In a controlled study (other details unknown at the moment), a single session with psychedelic drugs helped patients overcome cigarette addiction, anxiety, and depression. A single session! In one interview, a woman whose 15-year cigarette addiction was cured permanently by one session of LSD use described how the experience showed her things she didn't know about herself and opened her point of view. In a more juvenile, underdeveloped way, this is the same sensations I have felt from my very few session of Adderall use, and a bit less but also in my use of Marijuana. A few weeks ago, I adopted the communication systems of Radical Honesty, Nonviolent Communication, and Removing Blocks to Listening in a sleepless night of Adderall-induced research mania and the way I view my social identity and the way I interact with people have changed significantly, for the better.

As for the part of these epiphanies that is custom for me to focus on in general, I have few ideas of the reason these drugs can cause such seemingly substantial perspective shifts. Since this examination of myself as a communicator is so broad and deep, I predict I will understand the "why" factor I am typically so motivated to determine at a day later than this one. I am currently finishing this entry (late, by the way) while bouyed in a draining conversation between Elizabeth and her Mother about the very topic. As a result, I feel like I could not make any steps forward in discovering the "why" no matter how hard I tried. Another time then.

Engraver


No comments:

Post a Comment